Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Oral Presentation

In fact, I didn't expect that preparing my oral presentation won't be that much difficult because I already knew and understood the information very well. Furthermore, I was worry about how to organize my presentation but i organized as I did in my paper which I think is the best way to organize my topic. However, what took me long time in preparing my presentation is the amount of information because i don't want to put too much information that may be boring at the same time I don't want to put little so it may sound not enough to understand. So I learned how to balance the amount of information with the time that i supposed to present within it.In addition, using the power point helped me a lot cause I can see the points so I can remember and explain easily each point. Furthermore, practicing is the most important thing that i learned which gave me confidence and reduce my nervous.

I felt nervous while I'm presenting because I was worried that my classmates won't be interesting in my topic because it speaks about parents and children and no one is a parent except for Sayed. However, in the question period, I surprised, they react with the topic very well. There were a lot of questions and discussions about the topic which made me feel glad and relaxed. "Thank you". This part is very important, I think each student have to ask at least a question or a comment to the presenter to encourage him/her and to show him/her how interested his/her presentation was.

For me, presenting in front of the class and listening to my classmates' presentation were one of the most interesting part in this course. I enjoy listening to others presentation because I learned a lot. First, I learned different styles of presenting and I think the ones who have sense of hummer keep the audience attached to the topic more. Furthermore, using power point can be so helpfully and each classmates used nice and unique style with power point. In addition, using clear voice is very important to keep the audience attention.


As Lili said, I think all of us did a great job in our presentation. I wish all of us good luck in our future presentations :)

1 comment:

Sorida said...

i like the last comment alaa
i hope that all of us will do a better job for the next presentation because we learned a lot of things from this presentation.